We meet together to worship God, to hear the Bible explained, and to enjoy fellowship with each other.
Sunday 10th December: Senior Pastor Wes Johnston will be speaking at both our 9.30am Morning Service and 11.30am Morning Service.
Ian Williamson will be sharing his amazing testimony and speaking from Psalm 4 at our 4.30pm Real Lives Service. There will be no 6.00pm Evening Service.
Both our 9.30am and 4.30pm services will be live-streamed.
No booking is required for any of our services. However, we still have several socially distanced seats along the back wall of the church for those who want to socially distance.
Children’s Church is running every Sunday at Emmanuel during the 9.30am Morning Service in three groups for primary aged children aged four to Year 6 as follows:
- Explorers for children aged 4 to Year 2 in the G.7 Room.
- Pioneers for children from Year 3 to Year 4 in the LG.1 Room downstairs.
- Hikers for children from Year 5 to Year 6 in the F1.1 Room on the staff corridor.
- A non-staffed/self-service Creche facility (0-1s) is available in the G.6 Room.
- A staffed Crèche (non-school age 1-4s) is available in the LG.3 Room downstairs.
- After the 9.30am service, there will be a Teen Talk group for secondary aged young people, meeting in the G.6 Room.
We meet together to worship God, to hear the Bible explained, and to enjoy fellowship with each other. Most of us live in North West Leeds, but others travel from Bradford, North East Leeds and Central/South Leeds. There are also good local bus services.
Around 200-300 people regularly attend our Sunday services. We have Bible teaching and prayers at each service. We sing a mix of traditional hymns and contemporary worship songs, led by musicians playing on a variety of instruments. Above all, we try to make our services straightforward, relevant to everyday life, and faithful to God’s Word, the Bible.
The main sermons are recorded and many are available to download.
The first part of the morning service is enjoyed by children and people of all ages. The children then leave for their own special meetings in Children’s Church (Explorers for children aged 4 to Year 2 and Pioneers for Year 3 to Year 6) while those remaining in the main service listen to the sermon. The evening service is similar in format, although there is no children’s talk, crèche or Sunday School. Coffee would normally served after both services, and this is a valuable time to chat informally.